The Reference Desk can be reached at (409) 643-5977.
MMPL Reading Recommendations
- Interlibrary Loan: Materials can be borrowed from other libraries. A fee may be charged for photocopying or borrowing microfilm.
- Reference Assistance: Knowledgeable staff can assist in finding reading materials for all interests. Staff can also instruct library users on how to access online databases for research.
- Computer Services: Access the Internet at no charge. A Moore Memorial Public Library card or any photo ID is required to use the computers. Computer programs includes Microsoft Office 2007 Professional (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint and Excel). Wireless is also available.
- Online Databases: Ask a librarian for details on how to access the useful databases from the library or home.
- Genealogy: Materials are available for researching family history including census microfilm and reference books, with emphasis on the Southeastern states. Past city directories and Texas City High School yearbooks are also available. See the Reference Desk for details.
- Copiers: Self-serve; 10 cents per page.
- Other Equipment and Services: Scanners, microfilm/mcrofiche, tax forms.