Skip Navigation
Texas City History
Navigation
arrow

1891-1900

arrow
In 1893, a group of investors forms the Texas City Improvement Company and files the plat for a planned community. Shoal Point post office is closed, and the Texas City post office is opened. The area becomes known as Texas City. A railroad link is established to the community. Docks are built and small boat traffic uses the channel and a fledgling port. In 1900, the Galveston storm does major damage to Texas City property.
Texas City Improvement Co. stock certificate

Texas City Improvement Co. stock certificate

    • The first lighthouse in Texas City

    • The Texas City Lighthouse

    • Diana Campbell Parr

    • Gottfried Moeller

    • James Campbell

    • Mary Campbell

    • Solomon Parr

Telescope of James Campbell

Telescope of James Campbell

arrow
arrow

© {{YEAR}} Moore Memorial Public Library

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM